5 Ways to Prevent Mold After Water Damage
Asbestos abatement is a critical process that demands experience, cautionary measures, and professional knowledge, as these microscopic fibers can be very harmful to your health. Therefore, we advise you to call a professional asbestos abatement company for the job. They have the required tools and knowledge to deal with this problem without putting your health at risk. However, before you search for ‘abatement contractors near me’, you must first know how the process works.
Below, we have talked about what to expect during an asbestos abatement process.
1. A thorough action plan: Before the abatement contractor begins the job, ask them to share a written contract outlining the plan and procedures involved in the process. The contract must include details like preparation, setting up, treatment, and clean-up of the contaminated area. You must also ensure that the company adheres to all the local and federal laws during the process.
2. Adequate safety equipment: As we mentioned above, asbestos is a harmful fiber that can result in serious health problems. Therefore, the contractors working must have protective equipment like protective suits, respirators, goggles, and gloves. They should also know all the safety measures to follow and the standard work-quality guidelines.
3. Proper containment: The process will start with setting up and isolating the contaminated area. You will have to seal the air ducts, disable HVAC, and seal off the entire area using thick plastic sheets and HEPA filters. It will halt the spread of the asbestos fibers and ensure that the residents are safe during the process.
4. Thorough asbestos removal: After securing the containment area, the workers will start the removal process. They will remove all materials that contain asbestos using specialized equipment and pack them into disposable bags. Then, they will secure the bag using a protective lining and dispose of them away from your property.
5. Post-removal cleanup- Cleanup is the last yet most significant step of the asbestos abatement process. The property must have no traces of the asbestos fiber for the process to be successful. Therefore, the contractors will vacuum the entire area using a HEPA vacuum cleaner. In fact, they may also impose a lockdown for that specific area.
Remember, if the abatement contractor has followed a type 3 process, they should also perform an air quality test to check whether the process was successful and if they have met the clearance criteria. If the test signifies the absence of asbestos, the company will remove the restrictions on the containment area and do the final HEPA vacuuming.
About Newhouse Restoration
You must have understood why only the professionals should do fire damage restoration. At Newhouse Restoration, we offer premium home restoration services that protect you and your family in the wake of a disaster. Our clients choose us for our expert team of professionals trained in various home restoration aspects. For more information, contact us at (631) 801-7953, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form.